Ngurupai (Horn) Island
Ngurupai (Horn) Island
The aim of this page is to gather information freely available on the Internet about Ngurupai (Horn) Island, Torres Straits, Australia.
- Google Images - Horn Island
Google Images of Horn Island
- Ngurupai (Horn) Island
Torres Strait Regional Authority - Community Profiles - Horn Island.
- Wikipedia - Horn Island, Queensland
Horn Island (Narupai [Nœrupai/Nurupai]) (10°36′S 142°17′E / 10.6°S 142.283°E / -10.6; 142.283) is an island in the Torres Strait, in Queensland's north between the Australian mainland and Papua New Guinea....
- Wikipedia - Horn Island Airport
Horn Island Airport (IATA: HID,ICAO: YHID) is an airport in Horn Island, Queensland, Australia. The Torres Strait Heritage Museum is located at the airport.
- JAPANESE BOMBING RAID ON HORN ISLAND 14 MARCH 1942
In the late morning of 14 March 1942, coast watchers on the southern shores of New Guinea in the village of Kerema, just west of Port Moresby, radioed RAAF Thursday Island that they had seen a large formation ...
- Horn Island - Apunipima website
Horn Island is known as Nurapai to the Muralag / Kaurareg People. After the 1871 massacre on Prince of Wales Islands (Muralag) remnants of the people settled here for a short while until the government relocated the Muralag people to Hammond Island (Keriri) where they remained until 1922....
- Torres Shire Council - Horn Island
Horn Island, with an area of 53 square kilometres, consists mainly of vacant Crown land. The Aerodrome occupies 6 square kilometres. On the eastern side of the island is a Gold mine, which ...
- Horn Island Information
Horn Island Video Travel Guide. Find videos, information, maps and quality photos around Horn Island, Tropical North Queensland
- Tagai State College - Horn Island Campus
Situated in the Inner Islands of the Torres Strait, Horn Campus provides education to approximately 145 boys and girls from Pre-prep to Year 7. Our school services the communities of Horn Island and Thursday Island.
- Wongai Beach Resort
● The first stop on your Torres Strait adventure
● Horn Island boasts the busiest regional airport in Australia ...
- Mount Isa Centre for Rural and Remote Health
Population 650 (Wiki). Part of the Torres Shires total population of 3,516 (2006 census).
- RAAF Museum - RAAF Base Horn Island
An important base for aircraft staging between Australia and New Guinea, construction of an airfield at Horn Island was completed in 1941....
- Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements Project
Kaurareg / Ergon Energy Electricity Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA)
The area covered by the ILUA is the area above the high water mark on: Ngurupai (Horn Island); Murulag (Prince of Wales Island); Zuna (Entrance Island); Damaralag (Dumuralug Islet); Mipa (Pipa Islet and also known as Turtle Island); Tarilag (Packe Island); and Yeta (Port Lihou Island).
- Information update on Kaurareg negotiations
The National Native Title Tribunal today invited Torres Strait residents to information updates on the Kaurareg native title applications.
- Chance to have a say in five Kaurareg native title applications
The Ngurrapai application for parts of Horn Island, the Muralug # 1 and #2 applications for land on Prince of Wales, the application for Zuna (Entrance Island) and the Dumaralug application for areas of Dumaralag, Turtle, Packe and Port Lihou have now been accepted for mediation by the Tribunal.
- NLA - The Kaurareg people's native title determinations...
The Kaurareg people's native title determinations : questions and answers / National Native Title Tribunal
Bib ID 1147665
Format Book, Online
Online Versions Access electronic version
Description Cairns, Qld. : National Native Title Tribunal, c2001.
12 p.  leaves of plates : col. maps ; 30 cm.
ISBN 0642262071 064226208X (Online)
- Native title recognition of CMT and the implications for the GBRMPA and future management of marine areas
Native title recognition of CMT and the implications for the GBRMPA and future management of marine areas
by Julie Lahn
Doctoral candidate, Dept, of Anthropology & Archaeology
James Cook University, Townsville, QLD 4811, Australia.
- Horn Island, Queensland | Videomap the World in Video
Australia Australia Queensland Wasaga - Horn Island is waiting for you to discover her....
- Kaurareg People v State of Queensland -  AILR 18; 6(2)pg41
Native title determination — Native Title Act 1993 (Cth)— consent application — Kaurareg People — landward high water mark on islands of Kaurareg Archipelago in the Torres Strait
- Claimant application summary - Kaurareg People #2
Application name: Kaurareg People #2
Application type: Claimant application
State or Territory: Queensland